Hey! Welcome again to the WordPress Backup Tutorial. Actually, I’ll cover all the aspects of backing up your WordPress sites accurately. In this tutorial, I will discuss Keeping backup WordPress freely into Dropbox. In the previous tutorial, we’ve learned about keeping Backup WordPress manually. Not to mention, it’s the best way to secure your website and restore it at any time. But when it comes to backup a WP websites in the cloud. It’s the best options to keep backup WP on the Dropbox. 🙂
Important to realize, Dropbox is an American based company and it offers cloud storage services, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software maintaining. From 2007 it’s one of the best cloud options to keep your data safely. For the first time, Dropbox provides 2GB space freely. Though by inviting friends or doing some process you can easily increase it. Now in this post, we will learn how to keep backup WordPress freely to Dropbox for safety.
How to keep Backup WordPress freely to Dropbox:
For keeping Backup your WordPress files into Dropbox, we will use two WP plugins. Actually, it will complete all the works for you. But for the first time, you have to configure it. In this tutorial, we will use two plugins of WordPress complete our process and I will show you the installing, activating and customizing process step by step. To point out…
- Backup & Restore Dropbox
- WordPress backup to Dropbox
Keeping Backup into Dropbox by using “Backup & Restore Dropbox” WordPress Plugins:
It’s so easy to keep backup by “Backup & Restore Dropbox” plugins. First thing to remember, it’s the best free plugins to keep your WordPress into Dropbox. Important to realize, it works to take backup only into Dropbox. With this in mind, if you want to keep backup into Dropbox only, it’s the best plugins in the WordPress.
Features of Backup & Restore Dropbox WP Plugins:
- Unlimited Dropbox backups;
- Unlimited dropbox restores;
- Including any files or folder
- Excluding any files or folder
- Exporting the database
- Unlimited local backups;
- Unlimited local restores;
- Active with APP key, it will ensure your personal security
- local backup: backups to the server
and much more.
Now, Follow the below steps to configure the plugins for your WordPress websites.
- Firstly, you will need to download the plugins. You can download the plugins from here. You can also add and install it from WordPress plugins directory by searching the name Backup & Restore Dropbox.
- Now click on Dropbox Full Backup and it will take you to the dashboard of the plugins. At this point, click on Create Dropbox backup.
- Now it will open a pop-up and will inform you to connect your Dropbox account. For more security, it will indicate you to generate an App key.
- At this point, connect your Dropbox account following the below screenshot. You can customize the location and other things. If you are not an expert, keep it default. Note: you can tick “Don’t delete a local backup copy after uploading to dropbox” not to delete from local files.
- In the next session, it will open a pop-up window and you have to sign in here with your Dropbox username and password. Now it will show you a message to create a folder, or you can keep it default to WPAdm. Give access permission and click allow to continue.
- Now it will start to take backup automatically and when it will finish taking backup your files, it will show a message “Dropbox Backup was created successfully”.
- In this case, do your work without any tension.
Now, you have completed full backup of your WordPress websites by the most popular plugins Backup & Restore Dropbox of WordPress. Cheers, and enjoy!
Keeping Backup into Dropbox by using “WordPress Backup to Dropbox” WordPress Plugins:
Now I will discuss keeping Backup of your WordPress websites by the “WordPress Backup to Dropbox” plugins. Important to realize, it is also very popular and user-friendly to use. It is so effective for backing up your WordPress websites into Dropbox.
Special features of the plugins:
- It’s totally free and user-friendly.
- Unlimited backup to Dropbox
- Unlimited Backup to local files and folder
- It will give you to customize files and folder into Dropbox
Let’s take a look at the step by step guideline to take backup by “WordPress Backup to Dropbox” plugins.
- Firstly, you have to download the plugins to install it on your WordPress websites. Click here to download it. Similarly, you can also install it from the WordPress plugins directory of your websites. Now install and activate the plugins.
- Now go the admin panel of the plugins. To do that, go to Backup setting of the plugins from the Dashboard. See the below screenshot…
- Now give access to your Dropbox and start to taking backup.
It’s so easy to take backup by. WordPress Backup to Dropbox. Keep enjoying.
I have used both of the plugins, but “WordPress Backup to Dropbox” was given me the Error message when entering into the setting page for the first time and users give this feedback too. Though it’s not so bad for keeping backup your WordPress site into Dropbox.
On the other hand, I have not faced any problem yet for keeping backup by “Backup & Restore Dropbox” plugins. Its feature is so amazing and with free it can be the best alternative to take backup into Dropbox. Not to mention, I’m using this plugin for a long time. Though I usually use the 2nd mentioned plugins too. But I will recommend you to use the Backup & Restore Dropbox plugins for permanent backup and I have described about all the process in the first.
By all means, I will tell it’s so important to keep backup your WordPress websites regularly for the safety reason. On the other hand, you will become worried free. Similarly, my recommendation will be Backup & Restore Dropbox plugins. It’s totally free and amazing to take the backup. Never hesitate to use security plugins also to become more secure. If you get this article helpful, share it on your social media and if needs any extra support from me, explain it from the comment box. Thanks in advance. 🙂
More from Freebies
Hi, Welcome again to the WordPress backup series Tutorial. In this post, you will learn to keep the full backup …
Are you looking for best free WordPress Backup Plugins? Do you want a complete Automated solution for Backing up your WordPress …
Are you anxious about your WordPress website's security? It’s a very common matter for every webmaster to find out the …